Monday, July 13, 2009

Solo Hill Training

I missed hill training last week and I didn't want to miss another one. The thought of running in this 100+ was sickening so I waited until 8:30 tonight and ran up a hill in my neighborhood. It wasn't the same steep climb as 11th and Riverside but I did do it 8 times and it felt good. It was so dark on the way back that I took a wrong turn in my neighborhood (on foot) and got a little disoriented. But I'm really glad I ran the hill. Now...to get up at 4:45 and run again...and that same hill is on my route.

I drank 6 oz of orange juice before I ran and I think that really helped. Unfortunately my Garmin did that "laps database full" trick again so I didn't record my run.

2 comments:

  1. We missed you last night. It was just Megan, Dustin, and me. We did all 8 sprints in the 100+ degree temperature, and nobody passed out! I was out for my noon run yesterday when I saw Kaci and Andy doing the hill sprints. I even stopped and did one.

    I was going to get up and run this morning to beat the heat, but I got to bed too late last night. I guess I will run at noon today. I hope I don't melt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. see what you started, we're hill running freaks. I actually had a fantastic run this a.m., about the best I've had in months. I don't know why, only 5 hrs. of sleep and those hill repeats. I tackled those hills this a.m.(not repeats now, just part of my route). I did begin to tighten up toward the last half mile of my run and I've been very stiff today. Fortunately, I make myself take the stairs at work so that should work out the stiffness. We'll see how tomorrow goes. The only variable I can think of that made it go so well was I ate dinner after my late run and it was pork, rice and snap peas. I think the combination of rice and protein really helped.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!