Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hot and Humid


Running the past couple of weeks has been draining with the heat and humidity. Last week, we ran out on the Katy trail and one of the water fountains was turned off. After that experience, I finally broke down and bought a water belt this week. I’ve been so spoiled because RW always has water for us but I couldn’t risk going without water again with all of this heat. Wearing this belt is going to take some getting used to. It’s an Amphipod and it is adjustable. Some of the other brands are already sized. I didn't have the belt adjusted to be tight enough and I didn’t want to take the time to shorten it once we started running so I couldn’t get it tight enough. The belt keep sliding around my hips but once I get it tighter I think it will be ok, it drove me crazy this morning though.
Last week I ran 11 miles, about 4 of them were without water. Today we ran 8 miles on the river then hustled over to Youth Services of Tulsa and ran their Runaway 5K because a friend of mine is on their board. All of us had slow times for a 5K and still managed to sweep the medals for our age groups.
We ate breakfast at IHOP after that and their blueberry nut pancakes, topped with bananas and egg substitute really tasted great!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the belt.. and running without water. I just can't stand to carry. The belts drive me nuts, I've tried them all. Hand carrying is a possible option, but I'm really too lazy to do that. Sometimes I will meet a friend at a spot and we'll leave fluid there.. and hop in the car and start elsewhere, giving us a back and forth trek to water. If absolutely essential I carry fluid, the only thing I can stand is the camelback. --Alex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!