Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Neccesity of Water

I've heard this over and over again but I think it sunk in a little deeper today. I've been doing this distance running for almost 2 years and I still have so much to learn. Something as basic as the need for water even when it is cold. During this cold weather I haven't been hydrating as much and I commented to Carmie that I could go 6 miles in the cold without water. Then she told me about some terrible cramps she got when she skipped water during the cold. I had noticed some tightness in my left calf today, hmm, must have been a need for water. Well, I rarely finish off a bottle of water after running but today, I downed one, and my calves have been fine. So, remember, even though you're not thirsty, pretend that you're in a hot, dry desert and drink accordingly. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I carry my water bottle no matter how cold it gets. Sometimes it starts to freeze before I get done running.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!