Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh What a Beautiful Morning!

I love running in very cold weather. Today it was 22 when we ran at 5:15 this a.m. There was a slight breeze. We usually start out way too fast and go up a hill right away. I had already decided that I was going to start earlier and run a slow mile before the rest of my 3some ran, but I didn't do that this a.m. becuase it was so cold. Well, what do you know, we started out really slow, about a 10:30 pace and what a difference that made. By the first 1/2 mile, I was warm and ready to move faster. I stayed ahead of the group the whole time and didn't stop at all and backtracked after all the hills so I could stay with my group. I felt really good when I was done and averaged a 9:51 pace. I was hardly breathing hard at any point until the last block at the very end, so it was a very easy and fun run.

2 comments:

  1. "I felt really good when I was done and averaged a 9:51 pace."

    That's fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 10:30 would be fast for me. MY fastest mile to date is 10:34. I usually average 11:30 to 14:00.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!