Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday Break

With the weather being so cold, I'm doing my long run on Sunday instead of Saturday this week. It's been fabulous to have a whole Saturday at home, I think it's been almost 2 years since this has happened. Right now I'm listening to my favorite running podcast, Pheddipidations, he's talking about their Boston Polar Plunge, it was 34 there compared to our Polar Bear Plunge of 20 something. He's also taking about Spring Marathon options.
So today I got tons of cleaning done at home and thought this would be a good time to write about plans for this year.
Ideally, I'd like to run the Post Oak Trail Marathon, the Little Rock Marathon and the OKC Memorial Marathon, then I'd be a marathon maniac. I don't know if I can do that with my personal schedule though because my sister-in-law has cancer and I don't know if I'm going to be going to the east coast to see her this Spring. I also would like to do the Fort Collins Marathon http://www.ftcollinsmarathon.com/ in May and then I would take a long break and do either the R66 or some marathon in Nov. or Dec. I've done river rafting on the Poudre River where this marathon occurs and it is beautiful.
I want to increase my weekly mileage this year as well. Last year I averaged 20-25 miles/week and I want to up that to at least 30 per week and add more speed and hill work.
I certainly would be thrilled if I ran a 4:30 marathon this year. for the shorter distances, I'd like to run a 5K in 26.50 and the Tulsa Run under 1:30.
How about the rest of you? What are your running goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!