Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wet but a worthy training run

So I get the email early in the week that Carmie wants to run at 6:30 a.m. on Sat. I groan and think, I'll go run with the other group. Then others respond and they are jumping on the 6:30 bandwagon. I crater to peer pressure and psyche myself up for the 6:30 start. Then I see that it is supposed rain (again) on Sat. morning. I thought it couldn't have been worse than the Post Oak practice...and it wasn't. We had a good run, got pretty drenched, but went south on the Creek and got some hill work in. Did 13 miles, we'll do at least 16 next week. I feel good getting some long runs in, I was much stronger this Saturday than the Sunday I ran 12 miles a couple of weeks ago. Since I want to have higher mileage weeks this year, I'm going to add another run in this week, that should get me up to at least 30 miles this week.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. So, so, so sorry to hear of the loss of two children! I understand that pain.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!