Sunday, January 3, 2010

Holiday Running

We went to Charlotte, NC for Christmas so I escaped the snow here. All the way to Charlotte on Wednesday, I kept getting phone alerts of bad weather and I couldn't believe the pictures of snow on FB once the snow hit Tulsa.
Charlotte temperature was around 35 and I went on a couple of runs while I was there. My sister-in-law's neighborhood is hilly and on Thursday I did a short 3 miles through her housing addition. On Saturday, I considered doing a 12 mile but I didn't want to short-change family time so I opted for a 6 mile out on a major road that had sidewalks. The hills were long but not a sharp incline, it was a good run. When I got back, I was glad I had decided to do only 6 because our plans had changed and we were going to hit the mall earlier. I sure didn't want to be the reason for delay when the ladies were going shopping.
I was back in Tulsa by Monday, 12/28, but no running outside on Tuesday so I went to the club and did the eliptical, I haven't done that in 2 years!
No running Thursday morning outside again and then I did the Race Into the New Year, I wore my Yak-Trax for the first time and they really helped. Then on Saturday we ran 5 miles in the cold. With all the layers I had on, I was glad to do only 5, we had a great turnout in spite of the weather.
This next week is going to be really cold again, the snow hasn't melted, so I better make plans to run indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!