Saturday, January 30, 2010

Skipping another Saturday

Since we're snowed in, I did not brave the elements and go out and run this a.m., but I do have my priorities straight, I managed to get to the salon by 10:00 for color & cut. I love that quiet air that is all around when it is all white outside. It sounds like the RW group had a good run this a.m. but I am glad that I didn't scrape my car at 7:00 a.m., my neighbors would probably tp my property later and thawing out my car took about 15 min. at 9:30 thanks to my hubby. I am doing a 16er tomorrow since I am doing a marathon in about a month, depending on whether I do Post Oak or Little Rock. Here's my lineup through May:

February 13 - Poker Run 5m (untimed)
February 27 - Post Oak Trail Marathon-very uncommitted on this one
February 28 - Post Oak 10K-this is doable
March 7 - Little Rock Marathon
March 13 - RW St Patrick's Day 5K
March 27 - Wish Lemons 5K Tulsa, OK
April 25 - OKC Memorial Marathon
May 9 - Ft Collins Marathon
May TBD 1/2 Marathon

Seeing this schedule gets my motor going! I need goals, even though I'm not fast, I'm also not a recreational runner. If I didn't have a race to look forward to, I probably wouldn't run. I admire the people who get out there and run, day after day, week after week, year after year, with no desire or need to race. I run with someone like that during the week. I know he'll run as long as he is able, has been for 20+ years. Me, I need the challenge of a race.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of races to keep you motivated. To date, I have one race on my schedule but that'll change. Happy Running!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!